Headway Strategies is Lee Wilson’s consulting firm.
Headway provides services to companies serving the Education Market including strategy development, marketing focus, sales force management, executive team development, and business development. Clients include Pearson, Plato, Pulliam, Numedeon, We Are Teachers, Apex Learning, and many others.
In addition to Headway Strategies Lee has been the CEO of Filament Games and of PCI Education as well as a senior executive at Harcourt, Pearson, and Chancery Software. He got his start in education at Apple Computer. His broad perspective is shaped by his time in computer hardware, enterprise systems, curriculum content, and game development.
Lee sits on the following boards:
He formerly served on and chaired the boards of the Association of Education Publishers and the Software Information Industry Association Education Division.
What I Believe
My consulting practice is built around a few core beliefs about how companies can be successful and what it takes to get the whole team focused on common goals.
- A disciplined and simple planning process is essential to quickly moving forward.
- Consensus among the executive team is critical to execution. Both the market and employees look for consistency between positioning and the decisions that get made in the heat of the moment.
- Generating sustainable high growth requires focusing all of a company’s limited resources on a common strategic marketing plan. It isn’t possible develop or sell your way out of a hole without the strategy that ties it all together.
- Decisions about corporate direction should be based on solid data about market and customer needs.
- A company-wide systems perspective is the best way to permanently solve problems; it isn’t productive to create a solution in one department that creates new problems in other areas.
- A pure business perspective needs to be balanced with domain expertise in the education market. Too much of either leads to decisions that don’t meet the customer’s or the corporation’s needs.